Framing artwork can be difficult as most of the time it has to be custom-made to fit your artwork. It is easier than you think to make your own frame, though. You can make frames yourself with some of these DIY craft ideas. Here is what you have to do:
You will need:
- Rare Earth magnets
- Thin wooden strips that are thicker and wider than the magnets
- Drill and forstner bit
- A strong adhesive
- Picture hangers or small eye-hooks and string
What you do:
- First thing you need to do is figure out how big you want your frame to be and then cut it to size. Make two exact pieces.
- Next you need to drill the holes for the magnets. You don’t want them too close or too far apart. Use the forstner bit to create hole just deep enough to place the magnets in. Repeat this for both wooden strips.
- Once the magnets fit in the hole flush, no deeper, glue them in place.
- Attach your choice in hanging material
Now you can place your artwork in between.